Mixed Number to Improper Fraction Calculator
Created By : Awnish kumar
Reviewed By : Phani Ponnapalli
Last Updated : Apr 28, 2023
Are you searching for improper fraction to mixed number converter? Then you are at the right place. All you need to do is enter the improper fraction details in the input section of our Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Calculator and tap on the calculate button to find the answer.
Ex: 2(5/11) as an Improper Fraction (or) 2(3/4) as an Improper Fraction (or) 3(6/8) as an Improper Fraction
What is Mixed Number?
A mixed number is a fraction in the form of a (b/c) where a is the whole number, b is the numerator and c is the denominator and b should be less than c. So, mixed number is a combination of whole number and a proper fraction. Example is 5 6/7. Mixed number also called as mixed fraction.
Steps to Convert Mixed Number to Improper Fraction
The step by step process to convert a mixed frcation to an improper fraction are listed here:
- Get a mixed number having a whole number followed by proper fraction.
- Multiply the whole number with the denominator of the fraction.
- Add the resultant product to the numerator.
- Now, write this number as numerator followed by denominator.
Solved Problems on Mixed Number to Improper Fraction Converter
Convert mixed number 18(12/5) into an improper fraction.
Given mixed number is 18(12/5)
A Mixed Number is an addition of it's a whole number and fractional parts.
The whole number is 18 and the fractional part is 12/5
On adding them, they can be written as:
18/1 + 12/5
The L.C.M of denominators 1 and 5 is 5
The numerator of the first fraction 18 is multiplied by the denominator of the second fraction 5.
(18x5 + 12)/5 = (90 + 12)/5
After converting the mixed number 18(12/5) to an improper fraction is 102/5.
How to use Mixed Number to Improper Fraction?
- Provide the mixed fraction in the input field provided in the calculator.
- Press the calculate button to obtain the output.
- Finally, the Improper Fraction displayed on the screen along with a detailed explanation.
FAQs on Mixed Number to Improper Fractions
1. How to change mixed number into an improper fraction?
The easy process id multiply the denominator of the fraction with the whole number. Add the result to the numerator of the fraction. Write obtained number as numerator and original denominator as it is to get the improper fraction.
2. What is 3 and 3/4 as improper fraction?
Given mixed number is 3 3/4
Multiply denominator 4 with whole number 3 i.e 4 x 3 = 12
Add result 12 to the numerator 3
12 + 3 = 15
Place this numerator over the denominator
So, 3 3/4 = 15/4
3. Define proper, improper fractions.
Both proper and improper fractions are the types of fractions. In a proper fraction, the numerator is less than the denominator. If the numerator value is greater than the denominator, then it is an improper fraction.
4. What is the mixed fraction?
A mixed fraction is the combination of a whole number and a proper fraction.