Percent to Fraction Calculator
Created By : Awnish kumar
Reviewed By : Phani Ponnapalli
Last Updated : Apr 28, 2023
Percent to Fraction Calculator helps to convert the given percentage to a fraction. In order to convert from percent to fraction we have to convert percent to the decimal form and then convert decimal to fraction. This makes you work easy and solve the problems in a simple manner.
How to Convert Percent to Fraction?
There are a few ways to convert Percentage to Fraction. Follow the steps to convert from percent to fractions.
1. To get the decimal number we have to divide the percentage by 100
2. Use the resultant number as the numerator of the fraction and put 1 in the denominator of the fraction.
3. Next convert decimal to the whole number. Count how many numbers are there to the right of the decimal number.
4. Find the greatest common factor of the numerator and denominator and reduce the fraction by dividing both numerator and denominator by the Greatest common factor.
5. If the numerator is greater than the denominator to a mixed number fraction if possible.
Question 1: Convert 55.5% into Fraction?
Given Input Value = 55.5%
Rewrite the decimal number as a fraction by writing the denominator as 1.
0.555/1 × 1000/1000
Question 2: Convert 188% to fraction?
Given percent is 188%
188% = 188/100
The given fraction is 188/100
Reduce the fraction
188/100 = 47/25
The exact form of the fraction is 47/25
The decimal form of the fraction is 1.88
The mixed number form is 1(22/25).
Get instant help with mathematical concepts you never seemed to understand during your assignments from Multiplyfractions.com
FAQs on Percent to Fraction Calculator
1. How do you convert a percent to a fraction?
In order to convert percent to fraction, we need to remove the percent symbol and then divide the given number by 100. And, then we express the fractional form of the percentage in the simplest form.
2. How do you change a percent to a fraction in the lowest terms?
Step 1: Write the percent divided by 100. Step 2: If the percent is not a whole number, then multiply both top and bottom by 10 for every number after the decimal point. Step 3: Reduce the fraction.
3. How do you turn a mixed fraction into a percent?
i. Convert the fraction part of the mixed number to a decimal. ii. Add the decimal number to the whole number part of the mixed number. iii. Convert the decimal to a percent by Multiplying the decimal number by 100.