Fractions Average Calculator
Created By : Awnish kumar
Reviewed By : Phani Ponnapalli
Last Updated : Apr 28, 2023
Free online simple Fractions Average calculator tool will calculate the average of fractions in fraction of seconds. Enter all the fractions in the input field, and click the calculate button to get the result easily and quickly.
Ex. 1/2,3/4,1/12 (or) 1/2,3/4,-9(1/12) (or) 11/23,3/4,12/18
How to Find Average of Fractions?
To find average of fractions, here we will see step by step process. By following these steps you can make the calculation easily.
- First you need to write down the given set of fractions.
- If there is any integers, mixed fractions in the given set then convert them to improper fractions.
- you need to recast the fractions and improper fractions like an addition equation.
- Then, find the LCD(least common denominator) for the fractions.
- Now, add all the fractions and keep that sum above the denominator.
- After that, check if any of the fraction can be reduced to simple form.
- Now, divide the fractions by the no.of fractions you have in the given problem.
- Now, simplify the fraction till it comes to the lowest form. Then you will get the average of fractions easily.
Finding Average of fractions with Example
Question: Find the average of fractions 5(3/7), 52/65, 20/89, 3/6?
Given fractions are 5(3/7), 52/65, 20/89, 3/6
The L.C.M of 7, 65, 89, 6 is 242970
Rewriting as equivalent fractions with LCM
= 1318980/242970, 194376/242970, 54600/242970, 121485/242970
Dividing by the number of values: 4.
Fractions are 43319/6230 and 4/1
Dividing both frcations 43319/6230 ÷ 4/1
Then the denominator of the first fraction i.e., 6230 will come to the numerator of the second fraction and gets multiplied,
And in the same way, the denominator of the second fraction i.e., 1 will come to the numerator of the first fraction and gets multiplied:
43319/6230 ÷ 4/1 = (43319x1)/(6230x4)
On Multiplying the denominators and the numerators, the fraction value we get, 43319/24920
The average of fractions 5(3/7), 52/65, 20/89, 3/6 is 43319/24920
You can utilise this calculator for free and make your work easy. For more calculators you can click on this link Multiplyfractions.com
FAQs on Fractions Average Calculator
1. How to solve the Average of Fractions?
Average of calculations can be simplified by adding up the fractions and divide the sum by the number of fractions we have. Finally, you will get the answer.
2. How to use Average fraction Calculator?
To use Average Fraction Calculator tool, all you need to is just give the input values in the input field and click the calculate button. Finally you will see the answer in no time.
3. What is the best tool to find average of fractions easily?
Fractions Average Calculator is the best tool to calculate average of farctions at Multiplyfractions.com